Welcome to RHP 9 – Transforming Healthcare Now
- Five-year demonstration waiver that began on September 1, 2011
- Aligns with the Triple Aim of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS): Improve the experience of care, Improve the health of populations, and Reduce the per capita costs of healthcare without compromising quality.
- Creation of Regional Healthcare Partnerships (RHP) that support coordinated, efficient delivery of quality care, and a plan for system transformation that is driven by the needs of the community.
- Provides incentive payments for quality improvement and healthcare delivery system reform
Quick Facts on RHP 9:
- 3 Counties: Dallas, Denton, & Kaufman
- 2,530 square miles
- Population of 3.1 million
- 40% are low income
- 25 providers participating in Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) projects
- Needs assessment: Gaps in access, behavioral health, and overall care coordination.
- 129 DSRIP projects
- 46 Infrastructure Development projects (Category 1)
- 83 Program Innovation and Redesign projects (Category 3)
- 200 Plus Outcome Measures (Category 3)
Making a Difference